Thursday, March 11, 2010

I want an Eleuke!

Amazon describes this uke this way:

"THE ELEUKE IS a solid-body electric ukulele built to go from unobtrusive to in-your-face as the player's needs require. Features MP3 input. Nominated for Best at NAMM show. This uke comes equipped with an under-the-saddle piezo pickup and a 1/4" jack to plug into an amp, mix with effects pedals, and blast anything from punk rock songs to jazz standards to traditional ukulele ballads. For quiet practice or just some quality alone time, the EleUke features a headphone jack so the player can plug in headphones and play like nobody's listening."

So there are a lot of things that attract me to this uke but the two biggest things are the fact that its a solid body electric tenor and that I can plug it in to practice quietly with out disturbing my partner.  The other things that attract me are the looks of it and the fact it has piezo pickups.  The MP3 feature means that you can input an MP3 player and play along with your favorite songs which sounds like fun but I'm not sure how much I'll use that.  What got my attention about this uke was the review done by Ukulele Underground at the NAMM show this year.  They had a video of it and I was impressed.

So as soon as I can afford to I plan on purchasing this uke and doing a detailed review of it here on TheUkeBlog.  We'll see if its all that its hyped up to be.

1 comment:

  1. I was looking at the Eleuke site and it looks like there are some new models on the way so I think I'm going to hold off on purchasing this until I see what these models are like.

    ReplyDelete